Please sign in to post.

Restaurants in Lisbon

Traveling with a group of 10 friends to Lisbon this fall. Looking for suggestions for restaurants to meet for lunch or dinner. Realize we may need to split up into smaller groups for some restaurants. Would appreciate all recommendations for authentic and unique restaurants on and off the beaten path!! Thank you.

Posted by
1307 posts

Check out "Time Out," a gourmet "food court" in Lisbon. Most of the top chefs have a small kitchen there and prepare some favorite dishes. Tables are in the center and you all can choose from any of the kitchens and bring the food to a group table.
The food is first rate and the prices are reasonable. It's not a fancy sit-down atmosphere but the clientele is local and young and it's a lot of fun. It was quite crowded when i was there so maybe a good choice for lunch.
It's located in what I think was the old fish market and the mosaics around the entrance are wonderful.
Enjoy!

Posted by
1671 posts

While Time Out is fun and a sight to see, I wouldn’t suggest it for a large group. It’s so crowded and noisy, it would be difficult to hear one another.
The Patio at Bairro do Avilez is large enough to accommodate 10 people. Palacio do Chiado is lovely with several eating options and is much quieter than Time Out. But, there should many many others. You might look at Lisbon Lux and Culture Trip for ideas.

Posted by
54 posts

Agree that "Time Out" is not the place to eat for the reasons mentioned. On the other hand, the market is a great place to shop.
For an off the beaten path to eat, take the ferry from Cais de Sodre (across the road from Time Out) over to Cacilhas.

Try and get there by 12:30 and walk across the street to Restaurante Farol. It's a big place which can handle you all and the seafood is just spectacular. A bit pricey as you will be tempted to order a lot.
One of the best meals we had in two trips to Lisbon