Please sign in to post.

renting a flat in the Algarve for 2-3 weeks April 2019 need suggestions

I fell in love with Portugal on my first visit in 2015. I am soon retiring and want to rent a place in the Algarve and invite friends and family to visit. Room for 4-6 people in April (avoiding Easter crowds). I have only been to Nazare Looking for recommendations for affordable self catering. would only consider Airbnb if it's owned by locals.

Posted by
6113 posts

On the Algarve, many places have winter deals which makes the accommodation more affordable, but these are only valid until the end of March and prices hike 1 April and again into May. In 2019, school Easter holidays and the first three weeks of April, which will make accommodation more expensive.

You need to work out what kind of accommodation you need eg a 1 bed with a sofa bed or a 2 or 3 bedroom place, as there are more 1 and 2 bed apartments around than 3 bed, which will also significantly affect the price.

Do you want one base or a base per week? Will you have a car? April car hire, being off season is cheap.

I have stopped using Airbnb where possible and I now use Booking.com, Trip Advisor rentals or VRBO. To check an apartment is legit, ask for the AL number, whereby owners should register the property with the authorities. You say you only want to rent from locals, but there are many expats living out there that own and manage property.

Posted by
11 posts

I would be curious to know a ballpark number for a 2 bedroom rental on the Algarve from December or January through the end of March?