Please sign in to post.

Regarding bus 434 in Sintra

I'm planning on visiting Portugal in mid-September. One of the days, we're heading to Sintra and will be taking bus 434. IS IT POSSIBLE to purchase the 434 tickets ahead of time (like online)??? I'd love to avoid another line if that's at all possible. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted by
2411 posts

I don't think so.
When I was there in May, 2 people with handheld card devices were selling the tickets to people in line to board. It really wasn't a problem.

Posted by
1685 posts

To my knowledge, it’s not possible. And, the number is now 1623 or 1624. They have the same routes but are run by a newer company. There isn’t really a line for these buses out of Cascais. Simply buy from the driver.

One leaves from the train station and one from a stop across the street from the station. Sorry, but I can’t remember which is which. But, it should not be a huge problem as they both go to the same place. 1624 is more scenic and takes longer. I, personally, would take the 1624 one way and the 1623 the other. While scenic, a quicker route is my preference after a long day in Sintra.