Please sign in to post.

Portugal train strike-June 5 to July 5, 2023

Hello fellow travelers,

I received this notice today regarding a train strike starting on June 5 and ending July 5.
The notice was in Portuguese but here’s the translation thanks to google translate:

STRIKE - Disturbances in circulation - June 5 to July 5, 2023
We would like to inform you that, due to a strike called by the SFRCI union, for the period between 00:00 on June 5th and 23:59 on July 5th, 2023, disturbances in rail traffic are expected, in all services, with possible impact on the days before and after the strike period, on June 4th and July 6th.

The forecast of the trains to be deleted can be consulted in the following lists:

For Customers who have already purchased tickets to travel on Alfa Pendular, Intercidades, Internacional, InterRegional and Regional trains, CP will refund the full amount of the ticket purchased, or exchange it free of charge for another train of the same category and in same class.

Reimbursements or exchanges can be made using myCP in the “Your tickets” area (for tickets purchased on the Online Ticket Office and the CP App) up to 15 minutes before the departure of the train from the customer's home station, or at the ticket offices.

After this period, and up to 10 days after the end of the strike, a refund can be requested by completing the online contact form “Reimbolso por Delay or Deletion”, with the sending of the scan of the original ticket.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are at your disposal for any clarification or suggestion using the form or Calling Line 808 109 110 (cost of a call to the national fixed network)

If you’ve booked your tickets via cp.pt, I presume you’ve received this notice too.

It’s always a good idea to have a plan B, or C, etc…

Hopefully you’ll be able to work around this train strike as it doesn’t seem to involve all trains.

Happy travels!

Priscilla

Posted by
684 posts

Another reason for booking directly with the official site, like you and I did.

I've been going through all of my train reservations for my upcoming trip, trying to figure out if any of them are on the various lists. And, it might happen that none of these routes will be affected. I've also downloaded UBER and BOLT apps to my phone as an alternative and am checking the bus routes. UGH!

Posted by
1 posts

Anyone travelling to Portugal or any other place in Europe should take advantage of Flixbus. They have an extensive network and are cheap and efficient.

Posted by
6599 posts

All the train strikes this year is one reason I rented a car for an upcoming trip.