Please sign in to post.

Portugal in November

Hi any info needed for travel in November? Have not been since 1972 and so looking forward to going back. Just love this country and went as young person with lots of stamina...any info would be helpful.
Thanks to all.

November is nice. You may encounter some rainy days (few) but the temperatures average 20°c during the day and 12° during the night. Of course we cannot really predict the weather but normally it’s nice to explore. You may even be lucky enough to get higher temperatures that will allow you to go to beach like last year but who knows what will happen this year?

On November 11th we celebrate São Martinho and we eat chestnuts and drink new wine around a bond fire.

The legend says that riding on horseback in a snowstorm, Martin came upon a nearly naked beggar. Not having any money or food, Martin took his sword, cut his cloak in half and gave the cloth to the beggar. Legend has it that clouds dispersed, the sun came out, and Jesus said to the angels, “Here is Martin, the Roman soldier who is not baptized; he has clothed me.”

Chestnuts and wine are to warm you up☺️

Hope this information helps.

Posted by
5179 posts

During my 3 week October visit, 2 years ago, there was one rain lasting a couple of hours that poured buckets. The morning had been bright and warm, so I brought my sunhat...which didn't keep me dry :-)