Please sign in to post.

Portugal in November?

Hi there, thinking about a last minute trip to Portugal in November, probably Lisbon and north to Porto, maybe Duoro Valley.
Has anyone travelled at this time?
Will it be miserable?
Thanks so much

Posted by
353 posts

I'm curious about this time too! We were in Portugal (Lisbon, Sintra, Porto) the first 2 weeks of October and the weather was very nice, almost too sunny during midday. However, soon after we left a few days later, both Lisbon and Porto received pouring/severe rain and wind. I'm told that November is rainy time in Lisbon and Porto :(

Posted by
205 posts

We've done Lisbon and the Algarve in December a few times. 60s and sunny. Just delightful! We did have one trip where a winter storm passed through, but it was only about 12 hours of wind and rain, and then it was fine again.

PS - Lisbon has the most delightful Christmas market! Completed unexpected and catering to locals. Not at all touristy.

Posted by
3260 posts

I visited in mid-November and the weather was wonderful. Temperate and comfortable with sun shining every day. Not swimming weather. I traveled from Seville through the Algarve to the eastern Duoro to Porto and south to Lisbon. No rain either!

Posted by
1780 posts

The weather in November is usually nice. It’s when we usually have our first cold spell in the Lisbon region. However, that means adding a sweater or light jacket. Rain can be an issue but it’s rarely an all day event.

It will be cooler and wetter in the north.

The good news is the tourist hordes have gone, making it more pleasant.