I'm hoping those familiar with the area could help me with filling in my itinerary as the to/from flights have been purchased. Based on the details below, I would genuinely appreciate help with:
- how to best split up the time among the islands listed below
- the best way to travel between Sao Miguel and the other islands (and between Pico, Sao Jorge and Faial)
- which islands require car rentals to explore
- the best areas to stay on each island (ideally balancing a base for exploring and most enjoyable area to stay
- activities on each island (restaurants, whale watch launch points, hikes, etc.)
11.5 days over end of May to mid June. We arrive and depart from Ponta Delgada.
Ideally, we will visit/explore the following (Sao Miguel, Pico, Sao Jorge, Faial).