I am currently in the South of France and will soon be in Spain. As I am in Europe, I do not have access to a Rick Steves guide book for Portugal. Dates for my Lisbon trip would be approximately November 2 - November 7.
1) I will fly from Seville to Lisbon and will not rent a car. Best hotel areas and specific hotel suggestions?
2) I can stay 3 - 5 days depending on my interests (and your suggestions!).
3) I prefer to do only one day trip outside of Lisbon (Obidos, Alcobaca, Nazare, Betalha Monastery, Fatima). Yes, I will have to go with a commercial tour company.
4) Is there a good walking tour company in Lisbon? I would also be willing to hire a private guide, but I do not have contact information.
5) Transportation suggestions????
6) Any other general information or comments you could give me would be helpful. I am a seasoned traveler with specific interests in art and history.
Thank you!!!!!!!! Jonna Robinson