Please sign in to post.

Lisbon to Seville

Hi I am planning a trip from Lisbon to Seville. It appears that flying is the easiest option. I was wondering if it is possible to book a 3 day tour from Lisbon to Seville and if someone in the forum has done this? Is Seville my best option as a walkable city with lots of history or should I try Madrid or Barcelona
Thank you in advance
Cheers Caroline

Posted by
5618 posts

I think Sevilla is a great choice. I love Sevilla and you can at least come close in terms of covering it in 3 days. Barcelona, you'd barely put a dent in, plus, it would take longer to get to. Make sure to stay in the old Jewish quarter. For a moderately priced inn, with lots of charm, great service and nice breakfast, take a look at El Rey Moro.

Posted by
4434 posts

It largely depends on how much time you have for making the journey--I like to avoid a flight within a vacation IF I can help it. Since I discovered that there is a bus route between Lisbon and Sevilla that stops at Merida, I feel like that would be a nice way to make the journey if you are interested in Roman ruins (the ones there are quite impressive). You might not need three full days, but certainly a night or two in Merida would be a pleasant excursion.

Posted by
27163 posts

What time of year is the trip? Seville will probably be brutally hot in the summer, and that's also not a good time for Madrid. With Barcelona, it depends on your luck; the temperature will probably be a good bit lower than in Madrid, but sometimes Barcelona is humid.

Posted by
103 posts

Thank you so much for the replies I’m wondering if anybody can recommend a good search engine for in country flights from Lisbon to Seville thank you for the input
Caroline

Posted by
103 posts

Thanks, Flights seem to be quite expensive in country which surprised me. Is it best to book when I get into Portugal rather than trying to book from Canada.
Cheers Caroline

Posted by
4434 posts

When is your trip? Airfares rarely decrease as the date approaches, so I don't think waiting would be much benefit. Which airline are you looking at? I saw one that was a lowcost carrier I believe, but you have to be careful with add-on fees like baggage.
Are you going anywhere else, or just Sevilla and Lisbon?

Posted by
10208 posts

I am in Europe and checked flights to Portugal for two months from now. They were quite expensive, but I was looking for May, a month with many holiday weekends. On the other hand, I was able to fly to Italy from where I am in March for 1/3 the price of the flight to Portugal. Month and holidays will all affect the cost.

Posted by
103 posts

Hi Thanks for the input. My trip is in May and I will be in Lisbon on the 28th of May. We are looking to spend 3 days in another country before we have to fly out of Lisbon. on June 2 I was a bit shocked that the in-country flight to Seville was 5-6 hundred dollars. I definitely would not want to spend that much for 3 days. I would appreciate any input the community has in regard to another option. I would not be renting a car and it would need to be a walkable city
Thanks so much for any thoughts
Caroline