Please sign in to post.

Lisbon- Sintra small group day tour in April.

solo senior female ready to book a small group Sintra Day tour. One of them is supposedly non- traditional and evidently doesn't include going inside the Pena castle, but does go inside a different castle. The other is more traditional and does include going inside the castle. The grounds and entire area look amazing, so I'm having trouble figuring out which would be better. And there have been some mixed reviews on the castle itself. Also, planning to go either Good Friday or Easter Sunday so will probably be very crowded on both. Any opinions greatly welcomed!

Posted by
330 posts

Hi,
I have been there twice and have gone by myself from Lisbon to Sintra. Follow Rick's suggestion on taking the bus from the train station. Very simple. This way you can do what you want and see other sites in Sintra. Lots of fun restaurants. When I was there, there was a cute farmers market too.
Have a great adventure!

Posted by
1163 posts

Last year we took the train from Lisbon into Sintra and rode the bus up to Pena Palace - we loved it ! Very picturesque !

Then we walked through the canopied forest path down to the Castelo below and followed the footpath into Sintra.

Posted by
1654 posts

When I first moved to Portugal (solo senior female), I took a small group tour with CoolTour Lisbon. It was reasonably priced and I was pleased with the tour. We visited Pena Palace, Quinta da Regaleira, stopped by Cabo da Roça then a short stop in Cascais. Plus we had lunch. It was a long day but was an easy introduction to Sintra.
We were actually on our own at Pena Palace and I did go in. It's nothing special IMO but the outside and the views are pretty amazing. I actually like the grounds of Quinta da Regaleira best of all.
It might be exactly what you are wanting.