Please sign in to post.

Lisbon, Portugal

How many days are adequate to see the important points of interest in Lisbon?

Posted by
65 posts

dehskh

I took my 20 year old son to Portugal and Spain over Christmas break and we spent four days in Lisbon (including an all day trip to Sintra). I felt like we saw most of the sites in Lisbon over that time, but there were still things to do if had decided to stay another day or two. In my opinion must sees/must dos in Lisbon include:

-Alfama tour
-Tram 28 ride
-Belem area (Belem Tower, Explorers monument, Jeronimous monastery)
-day trip to Sintra
-Time Out market
-Jorge Castle

Lisbon is a great town and has the friendliest people I have encountered in my five trips to Europe. Enjoy your trip and PM me if you have any questions

Posted by
1878 posts

My wife and I visited in 2008, stayed five night (four full days) and it was about right. It's not like Rome, Paris, London where you could spend a month there and not see all the sights. But it's a place you will want to have some time to just be there. This city is much underrated, one of my favorites in Europe.

Posted by
32202 posts

I'd say at least four days / five nights, but the answer will depend to a large extent on what you want to see while there. I'd suggest having a look at a Lisbon guidebook (preferably RS Portugal) to get some idea on sights that might interest you there. If you're not able to buy a printed copy of the RS guidebook, you can download the Kindle version which will work on various platforms (iOS, Kindle, PC, Mac, etc.).