Please sign in to post.

Lisbon hotels

Will be spending 3 nights in Lisbon in late May. We are looking for a centrally located hotel that we can use as a base to walk and see the sights of Lisbon, visit cafes, and restaurants. We have looked at many hotels but would like to possibly get some recommendations from this forum.
We would be open to mid range-high range. Not interested in apartment accomodation.
Thank you
Madelyn

Posted by
1883 posts

I use Hotels.com It shows you where the hotels are, you can pick your location based on what / where you want to be. Close to a train station? Close to a major site? Prices are included, and you can choose if you want a hotel that includes breakfast,has a shower, has airport transfers, etc. You pick your room, after reviewing all the photos. AND, what I like it after 10 nights, you get a night free...average of the $$ spent. I just saved $150 on our upcoming hotel stay in Lisbon...

I love that there is a 24 hour cancellation option too - I've picked a hotel, then changed my mind and had no problem cancelling the first reservation.

I know I didn't just recommend a name of a hotel, but Hotels.com has never failed me after doing my own research on their site.
It's great that you can also email the hotel directly if you need more info...I just did that for our hotel in Lisbon for our upcoming trip in a few weeks, inquiring about the closest train station, and got a reply that same afternoon.

Posted by
1663 posts

If you use one of the booking sites like Booking.com or Hotels.com you should be able to filter out locations. I would recommend Baixa, Chiado or Cais do Sodré áreas. I hesitate to recommend specific hotels since I don’t know your taste, preferences, etc.

Posted by
80 posts

Check out Le Consulat, Browns Central, Memmo Alfama Hotel Lisboa...each check all the boxes. Enjoy!

Posted by
78 posts

We recently stayed in the Baixia area at the Lisbon Art Stay hotel- charming place with Art Deco designs in rooms and common areas. Very friendly and helpful staff plus a very good and popular restaurant. Highly recommended!

Posted by
484 posts

I stayed at Hotel Mundial last October.
It was near Rossi Square, the train station and a lot restaurants and cafes and small stores.
There is a small grocery store next to the hotel and
It was an easy walk to get the tram/bus to Belem (just behind the hotel), and a downhill walk to Praça do Comércio through the major shopping streets. If that hotel does not work for you use the address to find other options in that same area.
Lisbon is a beautiful city and you'll have a great time.

Posted by
6873 posts

Towards the higher end, I loved my stay at Casa do Barão in the summer of 2019. It is more of a B&B than a hotel, but it has just about the same amenities with great common spaces (lounge, garden), and spacious rooms, right off Camões sq. in Chiado.

Posted by
31 posts

We have stayed at the Hotel da Baixa twice. We love the location. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfortable. Nice breakfast buffet. Great evening walking. Book a larger room.

Posted by
254 posts

I was treated spectacularly well at the hotel Inspira Liberdade boutique hotel. I’ve stayed there twice.