Please sign in to post.

Lisbon hotel

I am booked for the RS Portugal tour next September. I want to arrive a few days early and contacted the first hotel where we will staying:, Figueira by The Beautique Hotels, to see what their rate would be for 2 days prior. They quoted a price of about €390, but want me to pay upfront with no refund if cancelled. That sounds crazy to me. I read some reviews online and wasn’t impressed. What is your opinion of the hotel if you have stayed there? An air BnB would be so much cheaper. Can you recommend another hotel for those 2 nights or should I just do Air bnb?

Posted by
5 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Alegria - https://www.hotelalegria.pt - last September and absolutely loved it! It's a Rick Steves recommended hotel. It's in a great location and has a little park in front with a cafe where we sat every evening with a glass of wine. The rooms were spacious and the breakfast was very good. Definitely worth checking out!

Posted by
315 posts

They must have switched things up! We went on the Portugal tour in 2022 and the tour stayed at the Hotel Lisboa Plaza. We loved this hotel, added two extra days prior to the tour starting. Great location, walkable to pretty much everything, close to transit.

Posted by
48 posts

I have made reservations at Be Poet Baixa. Any opinions? Thank you in advance.

Posted by
233 posts

We recently spent a night at My Story Rossio (on Rossio Square). Not a ton cheaper, we paid €170 for one night, but we really liked it. Nice staff, great location. Small room but very clean and fresh, and made great use of the space. I'd stay there again.
Good luck, have fun!

Posted by
225 posts

Sounds like there are some good hotel options, so thank you. Because I want to arrive 2 days before the start of the tour, the easiest thing to do is to stay at the tour hotel, but I’ll have to give it more thought. I’m mostly concerned because they want the money at time of booking with no refundable options. Is that normal for Lisbon?

Posted by
44 posts

@jaykay…we stayed at BePoet in Lisbon last fall. Great value, terrific location. Would stay there again.

Posted by
4639 posts

Is that normal for Lisbon?
It wasn't normal for my hotel in Lisbon.

I wonder if they have a refundable rate? If so, it's undoubtedly more expensive, but you can weigh that against changing hotels.

Posted by
4639 posts

Something else to remember, occasionally the first or last hotel for your tour will change. I've had that happen. Then you'd be "stuck" with your extra days in the now-non-tour hotel.