Please sign in to post.

Lisbon Card

You can’t even skip the line when you pick up the card - don’t buy online. Buy at Rossio or other location when you arrive. Pickup at only one location - Praca de Comercio- one hour line

Posted by
350 posts

Why do you recommend not buying online? The official website currently offers a small discount of 5%. Are discounts larger when you buy in person? We'll be flying into Lisbon Airport where we can also buy or pickup the Lisboa Card.

Posted by
362 posts

I remember with the Lisboa card we had to wait in line to get a ticket to enter “Belem Tower, Jeronimos Monastery, then a second ticket line for entry. Too much pressure to get your money’s worth, not that much of a savings & no senior discount on it. This visit will purchase Via viagem card and load up as we go. Buy senior price tickets to what we Want to see & do.

Posted by
4 posts

Agreed - just getting the Via Viagem card would have been better for us also - we were happiest in Lisbon just walking around and taking the public transport when available - we skipped half the sites we were going to visit because of long lines to get in -

Posted by
350 posts

How is Lisbon in early October in terms of crowds? We are leaving for Lisbon in 2 weeks!

Posted by
362 posts

Personally I would plan on early morning entries for Belem Tower, Jeranimos Monastery, Pena Palace, tram rides, the rest you can do as you please. Still busy with tourists and cruise ships.

Posted by
15 posts

Which card in Lisbon, allows you to ride all transportation modes and is is best to get a day pass?
I will be in Lisbon only 1 1/2 days and would like to use public transportation to get around.

Posted by
15 posts

I am visiting Lisbon in mid November. Which card is better to get the Lisboa Card or the Via Viagen Card? Can both cards be purchased at a tourist office in Lisbon?

Posted by
350 posts

We bought the Lisbon Card online and picked it up when we arrived at the Lisbon airport’s Ask Me desk which is after baggage claim and customs. It’s easy. No lines or very short lines.

Posted by
541 posts

@Muriel S.: I was just in Lisbon last week for two days. The first day was fine not many crowds. The second day was packed because there was a cruise ship in port. So I suggest you look up the cruise ship schedule compared to the days you are there to see if a ship is docked. That might be a good day to get out of Lisbon and go to Sintra.

@dick2005ryan: I bought the Lisboa Card when I was there last week. I bought it at the TI on the main square. Although I did not do it online, I noticed when I was in line to buy my Lisboa card that there was a separate line for "online vouchers" where people were getting theirs. The lines were the same so other than the 5% discount there was not a disadvantage to wait. I was going to buy it at the TI in the airport (which was very easy to find) but it was closed as my flight landed late.