Please sign in to post.

Lisbon Airport

Next year we're flying to Venice from DC via Lisbon. On the way back, do we have to go through any additional security or passport type control since were leaving the Schengen area?

Does anyone know where I can find a terminal map for Lisbon? From what I can tell it's not a huge airport...

Posted by
8308 posts

I don't find any maps online, however you'll be flying on TAP Air Portugal which flies out of Terminal One. The budget airlines fly out of a smaller Terminal Two which you would have to take a shuttle bus to had you been connecting to one of them.

Lisbon is not especially a popular airport, and it's the busiest airport there is with one runway. But that runway is a surprising 12,000 ft.--especially long.

I don't see where you're leaving the Schengen Zone.

Posted by
1780 posts

Yes, you will go through passport control as you are leaving the Schengen area. You won’t go through passport control in Venice.
The airport is not huge and even if you are flying a budget airline from Venice, you will land at Terminal 1. All the flights to the US leave from Terminal 1.

Posted by
247 posts

did this. you will go through passport control. its a relatively small airport. the passport control line moved fast when I was there in morning (whereas when I entered from US into Lisbon, it took 1.5 hours and looong line - there are other similar experiences on the forum).

the lounges, if you need to use them, are on the schengen side.
you can find the terminal map on google maps! (or is it not there on the lisbon airport website?)