Please sign in to post.

Lisboa Card

Hello everyone!

Next week I’ll be in Lisbon. I’d like to pick up a Lisboa Card at the airport. Do I have to purchase it an advance?

Posted by
882 posts

I discovered (October) there is no benefit to advanced purchase. No discounts, no express pick-up line, etc. The pick-up point is near the taxi stand. I presume you have become familiar with the merits (and demerits) of the card?

Posted by
15 posts

Thanks for the advice! We plan to use public transit extensively and to go to several sites and museums. I haven’t calculated it perfectly but I do think it makes sense. It seems the main hesitation people have is that if you don’t do enough activities it doesn’t make sense.

Posted by
882 posts

Keep in mind - most of the attractions covered by the Lisboa Card are not open on Monday - making that a good time to visit Sintra (if that is on your travel plans). Your Lisboa Card will cover your round trip train ride from Rossio Station but the Sintra attractions are not included in the Lisboa Card's offerings. Also, don't overlook the Tile Museum (Museu Nacional do Azulejo). An amazing place - a little out of the way, but your public transit skills (all covered by the Lisboa Card) will get you there. I can private message you with a few more suggestions if you wish.