Please sign in to post.

Lagos Portugal

I will be in Lisbon come October for four nights.

I have a very old friend who lives in Portugal. I thought that she lived in Lisbon but now I find out that she lives south, I think, in Lagos. Portugal.

I looked up Lagos Portugal and it looks not just beautiful but also interesting.

She has health issues and it would be difficult for her to get to Lisbon to see me although she hopes to try. . She said something about it being four hours from Lisbon.

How would I best get to Lagos from Lisbon? Maybe I can go to her?

Posted by
6453 posts

How would I best get to Lagos from Lisbon?

You take the train.

Posted by
1945 posts

Badger

I did some research after posting this question.

It seems that I can take either a bus or train. The bus is direct and takes less time than the train but I love trains.

I read that you have to transfer if you take the train. Was it difficult to transfer?

Did you take the train? Was it a pretty trip? Is there a place to buy food on the train?

Posted by
1685 posts

You do have to transfer if you take the train. However, it’s extremely easy. The train station where you change is very small with one track. You simply get off one and wait for the next one on the same track and platform. There will be many people doing the same thing. Very simple.

Posted by
6453 posts

Trains are in general more comfortable than coaches so if it was my trip I'd take the train. And yes, you can buy food onboard the trains. At least on the Intercities and Alfa Pendulars.

Posted by
1945 posts

Thank you Kathryn and Badger

I agree that trains are more comfortable. I love trains and wish that we had better train service in the United States

I watched youtube videos about taking the bus from Lisbon to Lagos and the train from Lisbon to Lagos.