Please sign in to post.

Itinerary check

Hello Everyone,
I will be traveling with my family of 6 to Lisbon for 2 weeks in November. We will fly from Chicago to Lisbon, arriving on Nov 11th.
I plan to spend 3 days in Lisbon drive or take the train up to Porto. After spending 2 days in Porto, I want to fly to Seville and spend about 3 days then train over to Granada for 2 nights. Unfortunately I will have to take the train back to Seville in order to fly back to Lisbon, since there are no direct flight between Granada and Lisbon. We will fly back to the states on Nov. 24th. I think this itinerary leaves me enough time so we will not be rushed. But what do you think?

Thanks for your help ,
Sue

Posted by
618 posts

Have you considered flying from Porto to Granada, train to Sevilla and then return to Lisbon? If you have to fly back from Lisbon I would suggest that you go directly to Porto when you land and leave all your Lisbon days towards the end after Sevilla. This will minimize the number of travel days plus packing and unpacking.

Posted by
1882 posts

It will be much easier to figure out your itinerary if you count nights in each city. If you arrive 11/11 and depart 11/24, that comes to 13 nights.

What time is your flight out of Lisbon on the 24th? You have to go from Granada to Seville to Lisbon, so you should most likely do that traveling on the 23rd and stay in Lisbon the last night.

It might be better to revise the order of things. Arrive in Lisbon and go directly to Porto, and save Lisbon for the end. Something like this, maybe?

• 3 nights Porto
  • 3 nights Seville
  • 3 nights Granada
  • 4 nights Lisbon

EDIT: I was posting before Nestor's reply came up. Their suggestion of Granada before Seville is also very good.