Please sign in to post.

Hotel Suggestions in Lisbon

Hello,

We are doing the Best of Spain tour early next year and then flying to Lisbon for a few days before heading back. We are looking for hotel suggestions in Lisbon. Someone already suggested Brown’s Boutique Hotel in another thread I posted asking about the best way to travel from Seville to Lisbon. Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Posted by
951 posts

We stayed this October at Chiado Arty Flats in Chiado/Barrio Alto. It is an Apartment/Hotel, with the benefits of a hotel, but a small kitchenette. I loved this place. It has a modern vibe and our room had a lovely outdoor area. The hosts, Tomas and Catarina were so helpful with suggestions to make our trip memorable.

The breakfasts were substantial with pastries, fruit, cheese, eggs, bacon, orange juice, yogurt, cereal, and coffee. Because we had the fridge, we could save part of our breakfast to snack on later in the day. Breakfast is delivered to your room.

The location was ideal for us. We were 6 minutes from the Rossio Train Station, 6 minutes from the Metro, and in a neighborhood with great bars and restaurants. We had a miradouro (viewpoint) a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It was nice at sunset to go, have a nice drink and listen to music, watch families and couples.

Posted by
141 posts

Rick's book was spot on with the suggestion of Casa Baltazar. We loved the location and our stay here. Breakfast was wonderful and it really seemed like a little oasis in the city.

Posted by
66 posts

We've stayed five times at The Emporiumm Suites, located in the Baixa area of Lisbon. Large rooms with kitchenettes. Located on the river. Surrounded by resataurants walkable to most sites. We book directly with the owners, alternatively booking.com is an option.

In regards to your enquiry for travel between Seville to Lisbon. We travel from Seville to Lisbon most years. However we stop in the Algarve en route with family. Seville is an easy bus ride to Portimoa or Faro. We then either bus or train from The Algarve to Lisbon.
This may not suit you of course, but travel between Lisbon and Seville is bit convoluted by road. As I'm sure you're aware TAP have direct flights.