Please sign in to post.

Hotel In Lisbon

Our RS “first hotel“ in Lisbon is booked and we can’t stay there for 3-4 days before our tour starts. Looking for options for an interesting hotel to stay at for those first “early” days. Anyone have a recommendation we can look at? I know theres lots out there but wondering what the RS Community has experienced.

Posted by
254 posts

I absolutely loved staying at Inspira Santa Marta in Lisbon last year. So much so that I re-worked my travel plans to come back and spend my last two nights with them. It is a beautiful hotel, well located to metro stations, 5-10 minute walk to Rossio Square and quiet. What makes this hotel so special for me was incredible people that work there. As a solo traveler, it was wonderful to be surrounded by people that went out of there way to make my trip special and personal. Francisco at the front desk helped me with daily travel plans, Christina greeted me each morning by name with my favorite coffee in the breakfast room, yes I was on a first name basis with most of the staff by the end of my visit. They were like my Portuguese family. No wonder I wanted to come back and spend my last two days in Portugal with them. When they found out that I hadn’t tried “Ovo Moles” whilst visiting Aviero, the staff surprised me with a box of the treats and a lovely thank you card signed by all. Ive stayed in many beautiful and lovely hotels but never had such a such personal and caring treatment. They run some good deals too if you book direct from their website inspirahotels.com. The spa makes for a lovely place to recuperate after a long day of hiking Lisbon’s hills and/or jet lag too. The hotel is a beautiful, calm and quiet refuge after a long day. Portugal is magical. Lucky you!

Posted by
8340 posts

If you are looking for a hotel that is a little less expensive than the one listed above, Hotel Roma is highly recommended by family that lives in Portugal part of the year. It is where they stay when in Lisbon.

Posted by
267 posts

Hi
Since you're going to be in Lisbon why not try a different location for the 3-4 days.
I suggest Cascais or Estoril.
Cascais is the last stop on the commuter train line that departs from Lisbon " Cais do Sodre" station.
Estoril is the second last stop fom Cascais.
Hotel Baia has the best location in Cascais ( waterfront).
Hotel Palacio Estoril is the best know ( due to the Ian Fleming / James Bond connection) in Estoril but also the most expensive.
Happy travels

Posted by
65 posts

We were in Lisbon in October and stayed at Solar Do Castelo. It is right outisde the castle and there is a bus stop right at the castle. It was a great place to stay.

Posted by
61 posts

Last September, we stayed the first four nights of our 18-day visit to Portugal at the Case do Barao and absolutely loved it. The location was perfect and the price better than what a lot of boutique hotels were charging. It's a beautifully renovated home with about a dozen rooms. The breakfasts were great and we ate in an outdoor courtyard amongst lemon tees. There was food/coffee/port available all day. The owners/managers- cousins Roberto and Sara -- helped us find good cafes and restaurants, a non-touristy place to listen to Fado, and much more that really enhanced our visit.