I've stumble in a discussion about the quality of food we can found in Porto. Some says it can be good but that many of their meal were not impresive. SInce I will be there in 3 weeks with my wife and kids (5 and 9) and that we considered ourselves as foodies that subject is something very appealing for us.
Travelling is a good occasion for us to discover new tastes and eating is a big part of the fun we can have while travelling. Of course with kids we wont be able to eat in high end restaurants but we still are looking for good meals on places we will go.
So I make a call to any food lovers or anyone who get a good meal in one of the places we will be...we need your recommandations and we thank you fo them !
We will be in Portugal for 13 nights.
1) Porto: we will be there for 3 nights and have an appartment at Rua de Mouzinho da Silveira near Rua do Infante D. Henrique., We would do a day trip to Guimaraes. Rialtogrl already gave me some ideas about those places, but I can take more !
2) One night in the Douro valley. We will have a car for 6 days from that day. We have reserved a night in Quinta de Santo Antonio in Tabuaco
3) 2 nights in Coimbra (daytip to Conimbraga)
4) 2 nights in Sao Martinho do Porto (with daytrips)
5) 5 nights in Lisbon (we drop our car at arrival). Our appartment will be in Rua de Santa Justa, between Rossio and Baixa stations (is it a good locationby the way ?). We will do a daytrip to Sintra
We dont have any food allergy or things that we don't like. Of course kids are a litthe less open minded abouit food but we will manage that !
If you have good website about food in Portugal we will take that too !
Thanks a lot in advance !