Please sign in to post.

Evora

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but anyone have any recommendations for eating in Evora? We're planning a 2-night stay next March.

Posted by
6 posts

While on the RS Portugal Tour this past May, we ate at Etapas in Evora. We happened to walk by it during a walking tour and the menu was intriguing. It was by far the best food/dining experience we had on this trip. Alexandre is the owner, chef, sommelier, and waiter. Don't let that scare you away...He is amazing! Great character and the combinations of flavors and foods were exceptional! He takes his time explaining the items to you and you can tell he loves his job. The place is pretty small, maybe 4 tables so I would highly recommend making a reservation. http://www.etapasrestaurante.com/en/inicio-english-2/

Posted by
271 posts

Thanks for the suggestion, ljl--I'll be on the Portugal tour in October, and our night in Evora is October 5. The restaurant's website says to call for reservations rather than use email--do you really think that's necessary?

Posted by
6 posts

Hi Lois, you might want to swing by the place during the day and see if he can take you that evening. That is what we did. We stopped by around lunch time to put our name in for later that evening. You can give that a try as the place is really small. If it works out for you...you will not be disappointed.

Posted by
68 posts

I watched a recent YouTube where the couple ate at Taberna Típica Quarta-feira. It looked amazing and I noted it in my travel plans for my visit next month.

Posted by
70 posts

I second the recommendation of Taberna Tipica Quarta Feira. This a family run restaurant where you will taste the best of Alentejo served by people who love what they do. My wife and I have visited twice and still smile whenever we discuss the place. Go and you will be very happy that you did. Reservation a must.

Posted by
271 posts

How wonderful to have two such glowing recommendations--unfortunately, there's only one night there for dinner!

Posted by
60 posts

Mmmm
My wife and I will be spending a week there and its environs in October. I am collecting a list of places to eat. Tipica is highly recommended.

Dennis