Please sign in to post.

Evora

Leaving Lisbon 6/17 and heading towards Evora/Estremos. Are we crazy to think that we can find a decent place to stay "the day of" in the Evora/ Estremos area?

Posted by
15576 posts

Are you taking public transportation or driving a car?

Posted by
479 posts

Well we did it 4 years ago, but it was in April. We had no trouble finding lots in Evora then, but I just don't know how much busier it is now, and how much busier June is versus April. It might depend on how picky you are too regarding what you consider decent.

We have had some great experiences doing last minute, but also paid more than we maybe needed to once or twice and ended up in a hostel ( our own room though) for one night as well. The other thing to consider is if you will want air conditioning. if you do then I'd book ahead.

Posted by
361 posts

We visited Evora in May 2016. With friends from Estoril we booked 2 double rooms only 4 days in advance @ the Hotel Riviera in the center of Evora. It was very reasonable, had close by parking on a first come first serve basis and a nice breakfast. We walked all over the the city center visiting churches, the monument to the goddess “Diana”, shopping on the same street as hotel and lots of nearby restaurants, both budget and upscale. We were glad that we followed our host’s advice and booked this hotel as it was a very good value with a perfect location. I wish that we’d had more time to explore the area but had to move on to Monsaraz, another beautiful hilltop village. Hope that this helps you make your plans.