Please sign in to post.

Cascais May 2020

Staying in Cascais for 3 nights but we only have 2 full days.

Looking for information on a tour to sintra and winery in same day and fishing charters.

Any other must see stuff?? Our time is so limited!

Thank you.

Posted by
1654 posts

You will be hard pressed to find a tour to Sintra from Cascais. The only ones I know about start in Lisbon. And, there are more things to see in Sintra than you can do in one day, so combining it with a winery tour probably wouldn’t work. There are two buses from Cascais to Sintra, if you want to visit on your own. There are some small wineries in Colares (between Cascais and Sintra), but I’ve only visited the coop there. You might just try googling wineries Colares.

I found Palmayachts when I searched for fishing charters from Cascais. It has good reviews but I haven’t done one and have not heard anything about it from friends. So, no personal recommendations.

Frankly, if you only have two full days, you can easily fill one of them here in Cascais. If you can manage to be here on a Wednesday or Saturday, the Mercado is a fun thing to see and experience. A walk through the old town, then from town to Casa da Guia, with a stop at Boca do Inferno, would fill a good part of an afternoon. Especially if you eat lunch at Casa da Guia - which I recommend. You can also walk from Cascais to Estoril along the Paradao- which is right along the water. There are many bars along the way and it’s quite lovely.