Please sign in to post.

Bus Travel in Portugal

We're wondering about the baggage situation when traveling by bus in Portugal. The Rede Expressos web site basically covers the weight of luggage. I'm assuming your larger bags go underneath and not in the bus interior. How much space in the interior for carry on luggage? Also do the buses have lavatories on board? You can tell it's been some time since we've traveled by bus. LOL

Posted by
1666 posts

There is plenty of space for a small piece of hand luggage. The buses I’ve taken in the last few months weren’t full, so I was able to use the seat next to me. There may be a small area above the seats, too. Sorry, but I can’t remember. And, yes, you store the large luggage under the bus before boarding.

The Gypsyy buses I’ve taken had small toilets that were better than the ones on the trains. Flixbus is very similar so likely has a toilet. I’m thinking the website for reserving tickets mentioned toilets.

Posted by
863 posts

We are planning on using rede-expressos buses in Portugal in March 2023. We expect to put our main bag under the bus, our daypack in a rack above our heads and there better be a toilet or it might get messy! We have been assured that there will be a toilet on the bus.