Please sign in to post.

Best place to unwind after an Insight Vacation Greece tour (2018 trip)

We are planning to end our Greece vacation with a down week in Portugal. Where is the best place to enjoy the local restaurants, pubs and beach plus the occasional day tour before we fly back to Canada? Thanks

Posted by
3551 posts

Portugal is generally relaxed. If it is beaches then the Algarve or maybe Estoril or Nazare. Relax also along the Douro valley famous for Port wine vineyards, views and downtime. My sis in law suggests the azores. I have not been but itis partofPortugal and beaches and islands galore.

Posted by
6113 posts

When would you be travelling? You have left it a little late to have the pick of accommodation for the summer on the Algarve.

If you want to see more of the genuine Portugal than modern Algarve resorts, then head for the coast around Lisbon. Day trips could include Lisbon itself, Evora, Cascais and Sintra.

Posted by
13 posts

Thanks for your reply’s.....we will be heading there Oct 8th for a week flying from Athens to Faro. What is the weather usually like that time of year.? We went on our first European vacation in 2016 (Western Europe - 7 countries) are now how the travel bug for Europe. Is Lagos a good location for any starting any day trips we may be interested in? Thanks

Posted by
6113 posts

Lagos is a good as any place on the Algarve, but ideally, you need a car to explore.

I have been there the second week in October a couple of times and whilst we managed a few beach days, we also saw lots of torrential rain.