Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Lisbon September 2022

We are taking the RS Ireland and Portugal tours August/September 2022 and will have about 10 days in-between tours. We did back-to-back tours in 2019 and learned that we would like not to have to do our laundry in the sink all the time! And we need a little down time. We were thinking an apartment in Lisbon that had laundry would be awesome! We carried on in 2019 so we feel we did really well with laundry considering we were gone 7 weeks.
Could someone recommend an apartment in Lisbon; looking at about 4-5 nights as we want to stay in Belfast a few extra days. We have always stayed in hotels when we travelled, so not sure what the process is, what websites to look at and maybe some hints to look for.

Thanks! I really appreciate the help!

Posted by
11156 posts

We rented from an American couple, Ex-Pats living in Lisbon who have several rental properties there.. Their website is visiting Portugal dot com. Impressive owners to deal with, reply right back. Well appointed apartment. Laundry in it!!

Posted by
201 posts

We have always used VRBO and have been very pleased with accommodations. We did do research as to the area we wanted to use as our base as we are walkers. The filters on the website allow you to specify laundry, elevators, etc.

Posted by
130 posts

Thanks for the ideas! I will definitely check them out and see what I can find. I see I need to do a little more research to pick the area that I think we will want to be in. That's the fun part of planning!

Posted by
1669 posts

I’ve stayed in apartments while traveling for many years and much prefer them to hotels.

I use mostly Airbnb and Booking.com. Although Booklng.com was originally for hotels, they now have a lot of apartments. With covid, they both have free cancellations but Booking seems to let one cancel a bit later. And, they each have great filters you can apply to narrow things down a bit.

Posted by
15 posts

We stayed here for 6 days in Lisbon and loved it:

https://www.expedia.com/Lisbon-District-Hotels-Canaan-Boutique-Apartments-Fanqueiros114.h32042739.Hotel-Information

The Canaan group have several apartments around Lisbon and this one is in Baixa, the flat part in the middle. We like it because it was large and comfy, easy access to Alfama or the big shopping streets in Lisbon. It had a washer/dryer combo but we quickly learned that the combo dryers are terrible. Most places don't have a dryer. We just hung up our clothes, went out for the day, and they were dry that night. Iron and board were there too.

Nice kitchen too! There are a couple of small mercado shops right next door that had a surprisingly good selection and there is a larger Pingo Doce grocery store about a block and a half away. Completely contactless check-in and no physical keys. Just a unique keypad code for the main door and apartment doors and they even arranged an airport pickup straight to the apartment. They driver waited to make sure we could get in OK.

Cheers!