Please sign in to post.

Any particularly favorite Lisbon or Porto hotels for my teen son and me for $100/night?

I figured to ask if there are hotels that are value bids at about $100/night or less, for February 2020 (off season), that have 2 double beds or 2 twin beds and are centrally located for ease of walking and getting to/from the train or bus station for day trips? We're flying in and out of Lisbon, Porto will be a 2-night overnight mid-trip I think.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted by
1661 posts

The best source is Booking.com. Put in your criteria and see what comes up. Prices always fluctuate.

Posted by
35 posts

Thanks, I was going to check tripadvisor.com, booking.com and hotels.com but also figured to ask here. thanks!

Posted by
677 posts

Several years ago I stayed in a triple with two of my sons at Residencial Florescente. Budget friendly, good breakfast, good location. You can get a twin room at about your price point there.

Posted by
5205 posts

Jean,
This May my daughter and I stayed at MyStory Apartments Santa Catarina
while visiting Porto.
We stayed at the family studio apartment with a balcony overlooking Santa Catarina, a shopper’s delight.

The apartment is well located, not far from Sao Bento train station. We took a taxi when we arrived, mainly because we were feeling tired and under the weather, but we walked down to the station when we departed Porto.

In Lisbon we stayed at My Story Charming Augusta Hotel (you’ll find info about this hotel on the link given above)
Great location, friendly hotel staff. Our room rate included a delicious breakfast too!

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
1 posts

Book a hotel thru your airline for a discount? or Douroapartments,com or Accor hotels a french chain like holiday inn or marriott has less expensive budget rooms. If you know anyone who works for Hilton or Marriott they have a friends and family rate which is pretty good so be super nice to them LMAO
ps not too many American Hotels in Porto?? too bad

Posted by
882 posts

I have had much better success with Trivago. I plugged in a few arbitrary dates in February and found quite a few that might be good options - all near Rossio Square (Praca do Rossio).

Posted by
35 posts

Thanks all, I actually found some great options on airbnb. lately i've preferred hotels but with a teen son, having separate bedrooms for the same price as a twin hotel room, even slightly further out, has some real appeal. (but of course airbnb has more stringent cancellation policies than a hotel; i tend to like cancellable reservations to be safe.)

apart from that, am seriously considering Residencial Florescente and also found some good options on booking.com and hotels.com, using tripadvisor.com as a guide.

Posted by
7658 posts

The InPatio Guesthouse in Porto is the BEST B&B that we have every stayed in.
It only have 5 rooms, all renovated and modern, in a great location. Breakfast is fantastic and the owners will help you with phone calls or tips for seeing Porto.

Book early. Also, the fare was less than $100 per night when we stayed there.

Posted by
35 posts

Do you think Porto can be done in 1.5 to 2 days with one overnight, or are 2 overnights in Porto better (with the 3-hour train each way)? We'll do Porto mid-week, with 3-4 nights in Lisbon, 1-2 in Porto then 2-3 again in Lisbon, with day trips to Sintra, Belem etc. The recommended B&B makes me want to spend 2 nights in Porto, with 3 nights on either side in Lisbon! Open to suggestions.

Posted by
35 posts

Thanks for all your suggestions. I think I'm set - am finding some great Airbnb deals this go-round. When we went to Ireland in February, we stayed entirely in hotels using booking.com and to a lesser extent hotels.com. I usually try to do a mix of hotel/Airbnb or B&B but we seem to have booked one B&B (Porto for 2 days - thanks!) and 2 Airbnb's (Lisbon, 3 days each) in Portugal this time. That said, I found some great hotel options too, and in the end it came down to, do we want an apartment with separate beds/separate sleeping areas (Airbnb) or breakfast included (hotel) - and with a teen boy, an apartment with a fridge, seems to make more sense.