Please sign in to post.

Airport transfer to hotel

Our first time in Lisbon will be in April. What is considered the most reliable and safest way to transfer to our hotel. If we decide to use a taxi (rather than Uber) should be reserve the taxi in advance?

Posted by
1680 posts

The options you mention are all safe and reliable. Try to disregard any concerns you have about safety in Portugal. The comparison between here and the states is phenomenal. Pickpockets are your biggest concern.

If you decide on a taxi, go up the escalators when you enter the arrivals hall and go out the doors where people are being dropped off at departures. You can easily flag down a taxi when it drops other passengers off. This saves you waiting in a long line downstairs. Uber is also quite good. Uber comes to the very small parking area across the street from departures (where I just described).

You can also google airport pickup Lisbon for a list of prearranged transport. This option will cost more but, if it gives you peace of mind, it might be worth it.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you Kathrynj. I truly appreciate your reply and the helpful information you have provided.

Posted by
6788 posts

A lot will depend on where you're staying, and to some extent what time of day you'll be arriving.

We've used the bus system and taxis to get to central- and near-downtown locations, both were fine, easy and not expensive (after a late arrival, I'd probably opt for a taxi, less out of safety concerns, more for just ease and comfort).

If your hotel is not centrally located, ask them, they'll know what your options are and can recommend which align with your preferences.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you for these tips David. I really appreciate it/