Please sign in to post.

Accommodations in Porto

I am looking for accommodations for three people, my husband and myself and his hiking partner. We will be in Porto in early April for three days, then they will be leaving to hike the Portuguese Camino. I will stay in Porto for a couple more days before moving to Viana do Castelo to meet up with them.

One of the main questions is what neighborhood to look in. Ones that have been suggested are Ribeira, Alexandre Herculano, and near the Jardim do Cordoaria. We usually prefer central, near sites and restaurants, but terrain is also an issue, since I have some mobility limitations (and use trekking poles for balance). Advice?

Any suggestions for hotels, hostels, albergues, or other accommodations with two bedrooms or where we could get two units, in the price range of $60-75/person/night would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by
1673 posts

I like the Rua dos Flores area. Lots of restaurants and close to lots of the sites. It’s also quite flat. I’ve rented Airbnb’s a couple of times that were a bit more than your stated budget. But, it’s worth a look.

Posted by
6 posts

You may want to look at Star Inn in Street/Rua Senhora do Porto, which is close to the Prelada camping ground. Booking.com will show you the options. It is also very close to the marked Camino Route. There is a bus stop in front that will take you to central Porto.
We have stayed there about every year. It is clean and very simple.