Please sign in to post.

8 Nights in Portugal

I am spending 8 nights in Portugal. I fly into Lisbon Friday, March 29 at 5:30 am and then fly into Porto that morning. Plan to tour soon as I land. Second day will be a tour to the Douro Valley and then the 3rd day will tour Porto for 3/4 of the day. I plan on driving to Coimbra that night. The 4th day will be spent touring Coimbra. The 5th day I am struggling between Obidos, Nazare, Tomas and Fatima. I know trying to do all 4 towns is impossible. WHAT TOWNS SHOULD I PRIORITIZE? The 6th, 7th and 8th days will be spent in Lisbon and Sintra. Question: After I spend the day in Coimbra, should I stay there that night or should I stay in one of the towns I mentioned above?. I would like to have a home base in the Coimbra/Centro area for 2 nights.

Posted by
15 posts

We are planning similar with flying into Porto and starting there....you mentioned a tour of the Douro Valley, did you find a nice tour you would recommend? Thanks.

Posted by
9 posts

We picked a private guide from the website Tours By Locals. We are doing the "Best of Douro Valley" tour and hired Bruno. Our tour is on Easter day so I know that will affect what we see. We chose this company because we have the option to customize the agenda. Hope this helps.

Posted by
1677 posts

Of the four places you mention, Obidos and Tomar would be my picks. Doing them as a day trip from Coimbra might be a bit far. Of the two, Tomar would be my choice of where to stay. If you are devout Catholic, substitute Fatima for Obidos.