Please sign in to post.

7 days in Portugal

Portugal in November. Spending 6 days in Lisbon and sightseeing close to Lisbon. Will have 7 more days to be tourist around Portugal by train. What are some places we must see?

Posted by
55 posts

Kathleen,
Be sure and take the train out to Cascais while you are in Lisbon.

We will be taking the train out to Evora during our stay. We have never been there, but it looks interesting and the train service is excellent.

Dennis and Elinore

Posted by
6546 posts

See places that are of interest to you. My “must see” may not be of interest to you at all. Research some places you think you might like to visit. A starting point might be TripAdvisor and the city or town, then look at the “things to do” area. It will give you ideas. Popular towns include Evora, Sintra, Óbidos, Nazaré, Porto, Coimbra, and Tomar. With only 7 days you’ll need to pick and choose carefully.

Posted by
1605 posts

I still use guidebooks when planning my trips. I like Lonely Planet, Fodors, Michelin Green Guide, and Rick Steves. This way you know what each place has to offer and what interests you. You choose what interests you, not what other people like. We might not all like the same thing. With that said, are you considering visiting Sintra? It's an easy day trip from Lisbon. Or you could spend a night or two. Sintra is filled with castles and palaces. It will be in your guidebooks.

Posted by
79 posts

We were in Lisbon at the end of Nov 22 and recommend (like everyone!) the day trip to Sintra via train. We also enjoyed a day in Belem (via Uber) seeing historical sites but it was the worse weather day of our month in Portugal! Take an umbrella! Evora is a train ride away but we spent 3 nights to fit everything in. Enjoy!

Posted by
313 posts

Per the suggestion about guidebooks...

A guidebook series that I recently discovered is published by National Geographic... I like the content about Portugal -- though we'll see how it goes for us on our trip. And you can buy it on that big website no one likes if you need it yesterday...