Please sign in to post.

3 Days In Lisbon

Hi,
I have 3 full days in Lisbon During Christmas 2024. Planning to spend 1 full day in Lisbon and 1 full day (day trip from Lisbon) to either Porto or Sintra.
Please let me know what the best options I have to spend 3 days in Lisbon and the surrounding area. Traveling with Wife and 2 Boys (9 and 3 years old)

Posted by
6285 posts

Porto is too far for a day trip especially with a short stay such as yours. I enjoyed Sintra, but liked it much better with an overnight. As much as I liked Sintra, I think you need to spend all your limited time in Lisbon. However, if you really feel the need to see something outside of Lisbon center city consider Queluz palace, Belem for the monastery or possibly Obidos for a smaller city.

Posted by
1408 posts

Agree with Jules and suggest you stay in Lisbon, especially if this is your first trip to Portugal. I also recommend taking the very short train ride to Belem, a suburb of Lisbon, for exploring the waterfront, Belem tower, Monument to the Discoverers and perhaps the MAAT (museum of Art and architecture). Your children will enjoy running around in this big open area. Also, take a funicular or an elevator to get from the bottom of a hill to the top. It’s an experience children would like.