Please sign in to post.

2017-Update to "My 2 cents visiting the Azores"

Back in 2014 I posted on this forum advice regarding visiting the Azores. Since then, I receive anywhere from 1-10 personal message requests per month for advice on visiting the Azores! This January, after much thought, I decided to write a PDF guide so as to put the majority of my ideas and recommendations in an easy to read format. I did this because the requests for advice do not change much in the subject matter, and most travelers who contact me can use the help starting from the basics of a visit there. It gives me great pleasure to share with anyone who is interested my thoughts about visiting "Heaven On Earth". I also provide a scavenger hunt for the island of Santa Maria in a different PDF document. I can also help out with a trip to the island of Madeira if needed, but not in a PDF document.

What would take me a 1/2 hour or so of writing to respond to each individual request can now be accomplished in about 5 minutes. It is also a highly efficient way to provide my Azorean travel insight, inspired by Rick Steves! I have tried to emulate his style of guidance, opinions and thoughts, which for me is very personalized and has the feel as though he is walking and talking with me in the streets or driving in the car pointing out where to look and where to pull over. No other non-Rick Steves European travel book or website offers this in my opinion, which is why this is my travel forum of choice. And those of you on this forum appear to use this style of advice when responding to travelers asking for help, I feel.

The 26 page PDF guide has detailed travel information on the 3 islands of the Azores that I have visited after almost 25 years of travel there. The islands are Sao Miguel, Santa Maria, and Terceira. This summer I will be visiting another island for the first time, Flores. I eventually will be visiting the remaining 5 islands when the time allows. I plan on adding more information and photos to the PDF after each visit as well.

So here is why I am writing this post...Since March, 2017 I have 7 out of 25 personal message requests asking for my advice for travel to the Azores, to which I have responded to those 7 asking for their personal email address to send the information. I am not sure if my responses have been received or the people do not want to give it to me, but please know I answered all of your requests. So if anyone would like my prepared documents, I need your email address in your message to me as I am unable to send it to you through this forum, unfortunately. I would still like to help you if you choose not to provide the email address, just let me know in your message and I will still respond as efficiently as possible.

My personal email is: brengina2@hotmail.com. If you prefer to contact me directly, please add in the subject line: Azores.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to helping those of who are thinking of visiting the Azores. Just keep a lookout for my response in your email inbox. I assure you, it will be there!

Posted by
472 posts

For those who asked for the PDF on this post, I sent you the email within a few hours after seeing your request. For everyone else who contacted me directly to my email, your request for the PDF was emailed to you within a few hours of me seeing your request in my email.

My PDF will be expanded and updated in September after my upcoming trip to the Azores.

Posted by
472 posts

Hi Kim,

I just emailed the docs to you...it is not too soon to start planning.

Try to visit during the feast of Sanjoaninas which will be in June. But you must book your flights early, as thousands of visitors flock to Terceira during that time.

You can contact me anytime directly at my email address. Happy planning!

Carl LaPietra