Please sign in to post.

10 days in portugal

We want to travel 10 days in Portugal. We will fly into Paris and could spend couple days before going to Portugal. We have 2 boys - 6 & 8 yr olds. We enjoy mix of country side or unique towns, culture, food, some history and little bit of big cities. I would love your recommendations to build my itineraries and also things not to miss. We will fly out from Midwest, USA. We can rent car if/when it is easier.

Thank you

Posted by
141 posts

I just returned from a family vacation (with 2 teens) in Portugal. I cannot stress enough the amount of walking and steep uphill climbs you will have everywhere, so make sure that the family is on board for all that. Build in some rest time because, after a while, it gets draining!

For mainland Portugal, we stayed in Lisbon and Porto and enjoyed Lisbon more. However, in Porto, there is a bookstore that inspired the Harry Potter book series, which is something kids may enjoy seeing. Portugal didn't have a large number of sights. I felt like some countries I visited. There were many castles though and more churches than you can imagine. I think the aquarium in Lisbon is supposedly the best in all of Europe, but we did not visit it. The food in Portugal was wonderful!