Please sign in to post.

1 month stay near Albufeira March 2025

Can anyone tell me the anti tourist situation situation for this period? Also will Lisbon airport be backlogged? We are planning to fly to Lisbon and rent a car to drive down. Will there be lots of shops and restaurants open? Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by
70 posts

I am not familiar with the "anti-tourist situation" but I am investigating travel at this time of year myself. I know the Carnival will be celebrated March 4-9 in Lisbon (and I believe many things are closed March 4 if not the rest of the week) so the city will be very, very busy. I would try to avoid it at that period unless you like a party! But my research is all secondhand, would love to hear from some locals on this topic. Thanks.

Posted by
332 posts

The Algarve has been a tourist destination for decades , with infrastructure that is geared towards tourists ( tourist rental apartments, hotels, restaurants), tourists are welcome.
The only instances that tourists aren't welcome is based on individual tourists behavior, drinking to excess, being belligerent / obnoxious, starting fights, being disrespectful to people and their property.

Albufeira is know as a party town ( mostly the Brits) .
When we there on day visits ( January/February 2023), we met other tourists mostly from Britain and North America, the wait staff were from India and Brasil.
With the exception of 2 restaurants in the main beach strip everything was open and somewhat busy for that time of year.