Please sign in to post.

Two Questions

I have 2 questions:
1) I am traveling from Los Angeles to Bucharest. Lot has a flight with a 90 minute layover in Warsaw. Is that enough time?

2) I'll have 21 hours in Warsaw on my way back to California. Any recommendations on what to do?

Posted by
6788 posts

Two Answers...

1) Maybe

2) Head into the old town and check it out

More details...

The Warsaw airport is not huge and is generally pretty manageable and pleasant. If all goes well, 90 minutes should be adequate. But what happens if things do not go well? If your inbound flight is late and you miss your connection, what would be the consequences? If you are all on one ticket, they would do their best to get you on the next available flight. When is that - a few hours or the next day? How bad would it be if that happens? (Note that if you are not on a single ticket, then no, I would probably not accept a 90 minute connection...too risky).

With a 21 hour layover on your return, you should have plenty of time to go into the city and check out some of the sights (again, assuming things go as scheduled). Warsaw has several neighborhoods worth spending half a day exploring. We enjoyed the old town last summer.

Posted by
2 posts

It's just me traveling and it would be a multi-city ticket purchased directly through Lot.

My biggest concern is a delay leaving L.A. The next flight wouldn't be until the next day and that would throw off my whole itinerary.

My other options are to fly through Vienna with Austrian Airline or through Munich with Lufthansa.

Posted by
6788 posts

My biggest concern is a delay leaving L.A. The next flight wouldn't be until the next day and that would throw off my whole itinerary.

Depending on exactly what you mean by "throw off" your whole itinerary, I think that would be the determining factor for me. If it just means you mis your first day out of multiple days in Bucharest (so you end up with 4 days there instead of 5), maybe not such a big deal. But if you have a tightly-scripted plan that requires you to be there and ready for action the next morning....then I'd look at alternative routings.

Personally, I don't like the stress of worrying if I'm going to make a tight connection.