I am planning on traveling from USA to Poland in July with my boyfriend. Given the flights I am considering we will have 13 full days worth of sightseeing time available. Debating on itinerary options...do not plan to rent a car, but I suppose we could for a time if someone thinks that is better than bus/train/flights. I have seen Munich and Innsbruck so I'd rather focus on countries I haven't seen yet. Therefore I was thinking Krakow - Prague - Budapest.
- I could fly into Warsaw or Krakow. Debating if I should see Warsaw or skip it. If we see it, how many days and how best to get to Krakow?
- If I skip Warsaw and fly into Krakow, my flight would go USA to Warsaw and then connects to Krakow... do I go through customs in Warsaw or Krakow? The connection times in Warsaw to Krakow aren't that long and I don't want to run out of time...how does border patrol and customs work in Poland for connections?
- I've heard really good things about Krakow. How many days should I spend there? NOTE: I do want to day trip from Krakow to Donosy & Odonow since that is where my family is from. What should I see around Donosy/Odonow? How best to get there and back from Krakow?
- Plan to take overnight train from Krakow to Prague and stay in a 2 person sleeper car. Anything I should know about booking that or traveling this way?
- Plan to stay in Prague...how many days?
- Plan to go to budapest... how many days and would you visit Bratislava in transit? Will fly out of Budapest to USA.
We are in our early 30s and in good shape. I love old architecture, castles, art/cultural stuff, nature, and am a foodie that loves trying beer and wine. I want to see a lot, but I don't want to spread too thin that I don't get to feel like I experienced the place. Please make your recommendations on where to go, how long to stay, what to see, and if you think we need to be more focused to less places as I realize that 13 days is not a lot given travel time between cities...