Please sign in to post.

Poland

We are planning a trip to Poland with Abercrombie and Kent next May. We will start the tour in Warsaw and end it in Krakow. We live in San Antonio, Texas. We are hoping to spend some time in Italy or France before the tour and I am trying to figure out if anyone has a suggestion as to the best way to get from Italy or France to Warsaw. At the moment we are flexible on location. My first thought was to visit the Puglia area in Italy as we have not been there yet. However, it seems like that might be a bit of a challenge. We plan to fly out of SAT on May 11 and don't start our tour until May 26. We typically fly into the country and rent a car and tour around on our own. Another thought was either Northern Italy (Lake Region) or Cinque Terre (we have been but would go again and stay in a different area) or the South of France around Nice. I am trying to figure out the easiest and fastest wa to get from wherever we go to Warsaw.

It looks like from Milan might be the easiest airport to find a non-stop flight to Poland. Thank you for your help.

Posted by
11154 posts

We flew Krakow non stop to Rome on RyanAir. We landed at Ciampino, closer to downtown Rome than FCO. Easy.

Posted by
1215 posts

Hi Jacque. Definitely fly. Look at the Warsaw airport website lotnisko-chopina.pl for a list of departures to see the many cities with flights to Warsaw. And those are just the non-stops. With a connection, you could fly from virtually any city in Europe. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
2948 posts

On May 25 you can fly nonstop from Bari (Puglia) to Warsaw on Wizz for $36. Pack light or else it’ll cost more.
The same with Milan, if you go to Lake Como fly out of Milan’s Bergamo (BGY) airport or if you go to Lake Maggiore fly out of Malpensa (MXP). I don’t see flights from Pisa or Genoa so skip the Cinque Terre.
LOT, Poland’s flagship carrier has fewer restrictions also has nonstop flights from Nice to Warsaw. LOT also flies from MXP to Warsaw.

Posted by
186 posts

Thank you for the helpful information. I will look into that. I did see Wizz airlines from Bari but I was skeptical of that especially since it looked like you couldn't carry a bag. Maybe it meant you can't check a bag. We always have carry on luggage and never check bags but..... we have done RyanAir before so I am familiar with that one. Not the best but for short flights not bad. I will keep doing my research and figure out what to do.

Thank you.