Please sign in to post.

One day in Warsaw

I have one full day in Warsaw. I need recommendations on which things to do and where to eat! I definitely want to see Warsaw Rising Museum, not sure royal palace is worth it?

Posted by
23267 posts

Buy a good guide book. If you don't want to pay for it, go to your local library and check out some Warsaw travel DVDs while you are there. Make some notes about what interests you, place to eat, etc. Then you can come back here and ask specific questions, Is restaurant acxxxxx good? etc.

Posted by
7049 posts

The museum itself will take you at least 3 hours (lots to see and highly recommended)...then you should definitely check out the Old Town and maybe take a stroll in Lazienki Park (if you have extra time). Look up Warsaw in Your Pocket pdf online, as well as Trip Advisor.

Posted by
2602 posts

The Warsaw Rising Museum is a bit off the beaten path, so plan your time carefully. I enjoyed the History of Polish Jews museum, the National Art Gallery, Royal Palace was worth seeing and you can do it in an hour or so--free on Sunday. I enjoyed poking around the old town, lots to see there. For food I enjoyed Krolewski, outdoors across from the palace on the square, also Kultura down further on Krakowskie Przedmiescie and a good place for coffee and excellent fresh pastries and sandwiches is Green Caffe Nero, on the same street.

Posted by
8440 posts

sari. Google up and download the In Your Pocket guide to Warsaw that Agnes mentions, and you'll get a ton of information. The website has interactive maps and reviews of restaurants. The main road (the name changes but parts of it are called Nowy Swiat, and Krakowskie Przedmiescie) is a beautiful walk, leading to the rebuilt Old Town area. Many restaurants along the way. My favorite is a mostly sidewalk cafe/deli called Specialty Regionalne or something like that. There is also a church in which Chopin's heart is entombed, also on the way. The museum and a good walk will eat up most of your day. Donuts and coffee at Blikle's. A super rich hot chocolate at Wedel's, and you will have made your visit complete.