Please sign in to post.

Local guide

Seeking leads on private Local tour guides in Krakow. My wife and I have been to Krakow twice and are still awestruck… Taking our folks in March and want to give them the experience of Krakow from the mind & eyes of a genuine local as well as a Through The Back Door introduction to the this beautiful beautiful City, it’s people, it’s history and it’s culture…

Posted by
3834 posts

Christopher Skutela PhD
http://www.privatetourskrakow.com/

Great guy. Native of Poland. I did a couple of tours with him in Krakow in 2018. He was more than willing to share his experience of Polish life with me, and he really knew the history. I did a tour with one other guy, who was fine, but Chris/Christopher (don't remember which he goes by) was a far better guide than the other guy.

Posted by
8422 posts

If you're still looking, check out Toursbylocals.com for a variety of local guides. Two companies I know that offer local tours are StayPoland and PolishOrigins. Both customizable. A guide we met via StayPoland was Dennis McEvoy, an American art historian who leads tours and wrote the Michelin green guide for Poland.

Posted by
803 posts

Andrew Durman is by far the BEST guide we have had on all of our travels. We spent a day with him in the Polish countryside; I'm not sure if he conducts tours of just Krakow.