Please sign in to post.

Gdansk to Kaliningrad in March 2019

Just looking for some transportation tips to go from Gdansk to Kaliningrad - round trip. We're spending a few days in Poland in March 2019 and were wondering how easy (or not) it would be to cross the border into Russia for a day or two. From what I've seen it is not particularly straight forward but we wouldn't mind spending a little extra to get there. Any help is appreciated. Beatriz

Posted by
27122 posts

There's some bus-schedule info here. You'll need to scroll down a lot.

I'm not sure whether you're aware that you will need a visa to enter Russia. There's a moderately-priced express visa available for the Kaliningrad area, but US citizens do not qualify for that one. I believe the regular visa requires a fair amount of hoop-jumping, and the fee is in the hundreds of dollars. However, I could be mistaken; I haven't traveled to Russia recently.

Posted by
27 posts

There are at least 6 daily buses from Gdansk to Kaliningrad. Pretty straightforward.
But day trip - is not an option, just a couple of free hours left in Kaliningrad in that case.

Welcome to Kaliningrad and feel free to contact me for any questions.

And yeah... don't forget about Russian visa if you need one.

Posted by
33 posts

Thanks for the tips! We have a Belgian passport as well so I'll see if we can get a break with the visa requirements. If we really decide to go I'll definitely have more questions, Nick. Thanks a lot!