Please sign in to post.

EU Digital Covid Certificate

Hello,

Our family is traveling to Poland, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland in May 2022. Would anyone be able to advise how to obtain an EU Digital Covid Certificate? Is there an App that is commonly accepted? Our family has been fully vaccinated with 3 doses of the approved vaccines Pfizer & Moderna. We are receiving messages from where we have reservations requesting the EU Digital Certificate that contains a QR Code.

Also, if there are suggestions on must see sights in Krakow, Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Wengen area it would be greatly appreciated. Seeking advice on places to eat and sights to see.

Thank you, any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Posted by
195 posts

Who in Poland is asking you for a vaccination certificate and QR code? Vaccination certificate is not required anywhere inside Poland. At the border your country's vaccination certificate will be accepted provided it's in English and the vaccine is approved in the EU. Poland does not issue an EU digital covid certificate to people who are resident outside the EU and received their vaccinations there.

Posted by
117 posts

I have a friend who is an American traveling throughout the EU . She received an EU COVID certificate in another country but has not been to Poland. She told me that in most Eu countries there are places in the airport and train stations that will issue them with proof of your CDC vaccination card and your negative PCR test. I’m wondering if this set up is also available in Poland. I keep looking in other travel forums but have found nothing. Perhaps when you travel to another country outside of Poland you can obtain the COVID certificate at a train station.

Posted by
195 posts

If you do a test in Poland, yes, you can upload it as an EU digital certificate, but there is no procedure for exchanging CDC cards or any other non-EU vaccination certificates for foreign visitors. This option is only available to Polish citizens and residents who got vaccinated abroad but still have active online medical records account in Poland.