Please sign in to post.

Car rental

Has anyone used Sixt car rental in Poland? I can’t seem to find many reviews of this company. Their choice of car seems good and the price is lower than American car rental companies.

Posted by
8138 posts

You may find both positive and negative ratings on Sixt. Our rental in Dublin wasn't good as they charged way to much for mandatory CDW as a walkup vs. an internet reservation.
But they're a large international rental company with operations now in North America.

Posted by
7346 posts

They’re based in Germany, one of the largest car rental companies in the world, and often feature high-end BMW and Mercedes sedans, as well as lower-cost options. On a trip to Sicily from Rome, it seemed everyone else on the flight was German, and they all headed straight to the Sixt car rental desk and formed a long line, as we two Americans headed to Europcar. They were all checked out before we were.

We’ve used Sixt a couple of times, and as noted, they’re now operating in the USA, in select cities. If their price is right, use Sixt.

Posted by
1214 posts

I used Sixt for a rental in Switzerland a few years ago and had a good experience. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
50 posts

This was posted by someone in the rental car topic for Italy. I don't have experience with this company.

"Car rental company reviews tend to be bad, in general.
The one that must be avoided anywhere in Europe is Goldcar (hidden charges galore); in Italy, Maggiore is also a culprit. Conversely, I've had good service from Sixt throughout Europe, but never used them specifically in Florence, and they can be quite expensive.
Check prices and ratings on Autoeurope, a reliable consolidator/broker."