Please sign in to post.

Boleslawiec Pottery

We are travelling to Poland in July and plan on visiting Boleslawiec during the time we have the rental car. Has anyone been able to find a shop willing to ship pottery purchases home? I see Andy's Pottery will ship to Germany, but I didn't see any offering to ship to North America. I may be limited to what I can carry on the plane, but it would be great to send some pieces on ahead. Thanks.

Posted by
2487 posts

A quick Google search brought some potteries to light which have an on-line business, and are probably willing to ship overseas.

Posted by
61 posts

Yes, I think there are a few shops in Krakow that ship overseas, but I was hoping to find a place in Boleslawiec that would do the same. I wonder if the prices and selection will be better there.

Posted by
7 posts

There is post dated 12/19/14 that discusses buying pottery. One of the stores mentioned by Melinda is: Dekor Art
Ul. Slawkowska 11
Krakow Poland
515 452 969
I'm hoping to visit it this month.

Posted by
61 posts

Just an update -I found one small shop in Boleslawiec that would ship to North America. Unfortunately, they didn't have a large selection or the pieces I was looking for. None of the larger places I went into would ship items you chose from the shelves, although one offered shipping for online purchases. Dekor Art (and another place right across the street) in Krakow do ship. I will carry home the small items I bought in Boleslawiec (which has cheaper prices than Krakow/Warsaw) and ship the larger pieces from the city.