Please sign in to post.

Auschwitz

We would like to start our trip in Budapest. Then take a train to Krakow. Spend a couple of nights in Krakow then go to Auschwitz. Is it possible to take a night train from Auschwitz to Vienna?

Posted by
31 posts

Thank you! If we want to take a night train (or bus) to Vienna do you know if we need to go back to Kkrakow?

Posted by
5516 posts

The train station for Auschwitz is Oświęcim; however, it is quite a walk from the memorial, so it is easier to travel to Auschwitz by bus from Krakow. You may find it simpler to spend an extra night in Krakow and visit Auschwitz as a day trip from there.

Posted by
31 posts

Thank you Laura! We would like to head to Vienna after visiting Auschwitz. We would be visiting Auschwitz as a day trip from Krakow. I was trying to come up with a way to just continue on to Vienna after visiting Auschwitz instead of going back to Krakow for the evening?

Posted by
5516 posts

I didn't check the train routes, but try checking bahn.com using Oświęcim as the station for Auschwitz.

Posted by
552 posts

Yes, the night train from Krakow to Vienna does go through Oswiecim, making its second stop there. But I have to wonder what there is to do until 11:30 at night waiting at the train station, when there are dozens of late-evening klezmer shows, not to mention beautiful light-scaping, and even some shopping that can occupy one's time in Krakow until departure time?