Hi everyone! Hoping for some sage planning advice for our trip to Poland in Summer 2020. We are a family of 5 (children are grown) flying from JFK to Warsaw, and here is our tentative plan:
--- Warsaw - 3 nights
--- train to Gdansk - 2 nights there
--- train to Torun - 2 nights
--- train to Poznan - 2 nights
--- train to Wroclaw - 2 nights
--- train to Krakow - 4 nights
--- Depart Krakow for home
1. Does this route seem feasible, or should we go in another order?
2. We can add a day to the trip - should we stay somewhere for that additional day? If so, where?
3. Have you used a private guide or transport between cities? Was it worth it? We may also have my aunt and uncle accompany us, and they are elderly so I'm not sure if a bus transport is available - and good...
4. Any good recommendations for VRBO properties? We have had luck in many other countries previously.
5. Anything besides the normal tourist attractions you would recommend?
I appreciate any tips you can give. Thank you!