Please sign in to post.

Private driver

Can anyone recommend a private driver or shuttle service for transportation from Budapest to Kraków?

Posted by
16893 posts

Rick's Eastern Europe book suggest this bus service, which may be the fastest public transport option at 6.5 hours, running 5x/week: www.orangeways.com/en. Otherwise, we usually take a train (10 hours, one change by day, or direct overnight train) or fly; see www.skyscanner.com for flight prices, such as $165 on Air Berlin, also with one connection.

Posted by
2081 posts

Betty

w/re to the train.

I did the overnight train from Budapest to Krakow this past September. I fly solo, so what fits my style may not fit yours. In any case, it was 100 USD for double bed compartment and the train left Budapest around 2000 and arrived in Krakow around 0630.

For me it wasnt a good nights sleep, but i survived and had a chance to try an overnight train.

happy trails.

Posted by
2602 posts

Not sure if you're making other stops in Poland--I was considering flying from Budapest to Krakow and then by train to Warsaw, and discovered that you can fly direct to Warsaw but to Krakow there are no direct flights. No problem, just reversed itinerary and will go to Warsaw first, train to Krakow and then fly home from there. The overnight train just does not sound pleasant, to me, nor am I a fan of a 6+ hour bus trip.

Posted by
17908 posts

@Betty,

Contact these guys: http://www.fclimo.hu/index_eng.php

Another option is spend a night at the Kempinski Grand High Tatras in Slovakia. Its just a few hours from Krakow on a beautiful lake in the mountains. This is one stunning hotel........................and they will pick you up in Budapest and drop you after your stay in Krakow ................ for a price of course. Done it, loved it.

Posted by
6 posts

Last year we used bekrakow for transfer from krakow to budapest and we were not dissappointed the driver lukasz were very courteous and professional and gave us loads of information about poland we would highly recommend this service they will not dissappoint. Contact to the driver bekrakow.com +48 530 800 009