Please sign in to post.

Urgent help on using car rental from Denmark in Norway

Hi Folks,
sorry about the double posting but I am not sure if this should go to Norway forum or Denmark forum:

have any of you done this before? please share your experience/challenges/technicalities of using a Danish rental car in Norway.
we plan to pick up a rental from SixT Copenhagen and drive to Norway and return it to Copenhagen. When I made the booing, I chose "foreign use" for a marginal fee, but I was not able to find out on the website if it's going to be a problem to use it in Norway.
furthur, folks on the forum pointed out to me that paying the toll in Norway using a Danish transponder might be an issue.
anybody suggestion?

thank you!

Posted by
1 posts

hi!
Yes, we did that in 2003 and there were no problems. It was cheaper to rent in Denmark and we were able to return the car in Norway when we left. I think it was a "Rent a Wreck"! It was a smaller car for the 5 of us and took a bit of engineering to pack the trunk each time, but we had a ball. Good luck!

Posted by
11037 posts

Cross Border Rentals & Territorial Restrictions

Cross Border Rentals are not allowed to the following countries: Great Britain, Belarus, Iceland, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Russia and Slovenia.

In case of offence against Cross Border & Territorial Restrictions all protections lose their validity.
Charges when traveling abroad

Foreign use is an extension of your booked insurances so they will cover the vehicle also abroad in approved countries.

Please note that chosen insurances are not valid abroad if Foreign Use is not chosen.
https://www.sixt.com/rental-information/#/