Please sign in to post.

Uber in Norway

My husband and I are traveling via cruise ship and would like to hire an Uber (or equivalent) to take us on some shore excursions. I have found some cab companies and they are very expensive. This may be all that is available in these small towns. Has anyone had experience with this?

Posted by
27063 posts

I hope someone has a good suggestion for you, but practically everything in Norway except for supermarket food is noticeably more expensive than elsewhere. Even the inter-city buses seemed expensive to me. This might be a time to consider small-group tours if there are any heading to the places you want to go.

Posted by
381 posts

We are in Trondheim just now for a few days. Uber is easily available here. Not inexpensive. We walked to dinner about 30 minutes and then Ubered back to our AirBnB. Was about USD 20. We have been in other cities here but did not attempt Uber anywhere else yet.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you all for responding. We will be in Skagen Denmark, Kristiansund and Kristiansand, Haugesund, Molde, and Trondheim. We are veteran travelers with more than 50 overseas trips but this has been hard as we have no car and the guidebooks do not list many of these towns in any detail;. We have taken lots of public transportation when in a city so that doesn't daunt us but having no plan is something we are not used to. While we can take trips offered by the ship, many of these are by bus with plenty of other passengers and this does not appeal to us. We would like to stoke out on our own.

Posted by
1 posts

Uber was quick and easy in Bergen. We took a taxi from the airport to our hotel, which was just outside of the city center. It cost $100 compared to what would have been a less than $50 Uber ride.

Posted by
27063 posts

The light rail is a great option from the Bergen airport for those headed to places in town. It costs just 40 NOK (less than $4 US) for adults and half that for children 6-17 and seniors.

Posted by
353 posts

Not in the areas you listed, but we looked into getting an Uber when we had trouble getting a bus back to Flam from Gudvangen. Uber was available with a quote of $60-$70 with a 45 minute wait for what should be a 15 minute drive without traffic. From our experience, more patience with getting from point A to point B is required away from the larger cities.